- Hindi Language (amateur but well-organized Hindi education site)
- Learning Hindi! (online cumulative lesson archive)
- Crazy Lassi's Hindi Blog (not comprehensive, but covers some fun topics)
- Urdu Language Blog (a "Transparent" language and culture blog)
- Volker Schuerman's Bollywood Dictionary (Transliterated, pdf)
- Hinkhoj (my preferred online Hindi dictionary)
- Hamariweb (my preferred online Urdu dictionary)
- Lafz Archive (detailed explanations of hundreds of individual Urdu words, related words, and etymology)
Academic programs in the U.S. (and faculty-compiled resources)
University of Minnesota
Undergraduate and Graduate degrees in South Asian Languages and Literatures offers ...
- Beginners--Advanced Hindi and Urdu (Fall 2015 Hindi-Urdu courses here)
- Hindi Tutoring Class (for advanced and fluent students)
- Directed Readings
- Conversational Hindi/Urdu through Bollywood
Hindi-Urdu Flagship (Texas)
- Program, course descriptions, and links for beginning learners in Hindi here.
- Frances Pritchett's Urdu resources online here.
- C.M. Naim's Introductory Urdu (One)
- Hindi and Urdu online paired readings here.
Poetry and literature
- Rekhta Urdu poetry database (beautiful, massive site and even has a beginner's section here)
- Urdu Wallahs (English language commentary on Urdu words, poetry, and literary culture)
- Mahfil--Journal of South Asian Literature online (University of Chicago)
- Online Annal of Urdu Studies (free pdf downloads of all archived issues, much of the literature and poetry is translated)
Note: I will be updating this page every so often as I find new online sources, programs with compiled resources, etc.